- This method uses a nozzle to jet oil at a constant pressure (10 to
50N/cm2), and is highly effective in cooling.
- Suitable for high rotation speed and heavy load.
- Generally, the nozzle (diameter 0.5 to 2 mm) is located 5 to 10 mm
from the side of a bearing. When a large amount of heat is generated,
2 to 4 nozzles should be used.
- Since a large amount of oil is supplied in the jet lubrication method,
old oil should be discharged with an oil pump to prevent excessive residual
- Required amount of oil: see reference